The Talent Development Programme is designed to provide an accelerated design and manufacturing experience to Malaysian academicians and students so they can develop big-picture thinking in their areas of interest.
Design with aims:
A well-structured Talent Development Programme is designed with the aims:
- To ensure the industry will have a constant supply of skilled professionals and industry-ready talents.
- To leverage each other’s (academia and industry) expertise and experience in specialised knowledge as well as mastery of and access to cutting-edge technologies, equipment, resources, and state-of-the-art facilities.
- To drive industry innovation and development, develop highly complex problem-solving capabilities and new technologies that lead to breakthrough discoveries and advancements in the field.
List of programmes
Academic Staff Industrial Placement and Training
This programme for academic staff presents the opportunity to gain hands-on industry experience, which enhances theoretical knowledge. It also provides accelerated design and manufacturing experience to enhance the development of big-picture thinking for design and engineering processes.
- Academic staff industrial placement
- Joint research activities, sabbatical, exchange of researchers
Joint Research Activities
This programme facilitates sharing knowledge and resources, as a basis for ground-breaking research and innovation.
- Level 1 Apprenticeship (Introductory Courses)
- Level 2 Apprenticeship
- Level 3 Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship Programmes for undergraduates and postgraduates
Specifically for undergraduates and postgraduates aim to ensure alignment between students' projects with industry needs, fostering innovation and applicability.
- Industrial Attachment
- Research Projects
Joint Organization of Student Competitions
Allow students to showcase their talents and abilities, fostering healthy competition and collaboration.
- Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) Design & Engineering Competition
- Rocketry competition
- Robot Design Challenge